The purpose of this article is to provide a series of steps in how to use the Submission / Paper Review module. This article is useful for beginners, but also to those who may need a refresher.
Each of the below steps correspond to one or more detailed articles within the Submission / Paper Review Module itself. Note: all steps are the same regardless of which Review module you are in.
The DEFAULT Review module is the Review Submissions module. There is also a separate Paper Review module which can be used specifically for the redline review of documents which may be subscribed to for an additional fee.
Submission Review and Paper Review are two different and separate review modules.
You must be in the Review Submissions for the Submission Review Module
You must be in Review Papers for the Paper Review Module.
TIP: Print this list off and check off the items as you follow the steps.
2. Determine the Final Statuses and create the Final Statuses and the content of the final status notification email for each Final Status - View FAQ
3. Assign the abstracts to the Reviewers (Note: Ensure your submission site is closed to New Submissions and Edit Submissions - see FAQ)
4. Review your Review Site Settings (i.e. blind review, what abstract fields are visible) - View FAQ
5. Open the Review System - View FAQ
6. Send the Invitation to Review Email to reviewers - View FAQ
7. Send the All Incomplete Reviewers Email Reminder(s) - View FAQ
8. Once all the reviews are completed, download the review scores to determine who are accepted - View FAQs
9. Assign a Final Status to each abstract - View FAQ
10. Send Final Status notification email to primary authors - View FAQ
11. Close the Review System - View FAQ