#1 How do I set up my printer for Onsite Badge Printing?
NOTE: If you are using the 8 ½ x 11 badge stock, you will need to use the Firefox browser to print your badges.
- Make sure default printer is set to printer to be used for printing badges
- Download Firefox. Install. Open Firefox.
- Change Page Setup in Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-print-websites)
- Go to Menu (top right) -> Print
- Print Preview should appear. Select Page Setup at top left.
Format & Options Tab:
- Uncheck "Shrink to fit Page Width"
- Set scale to 98%
- Check "Print Background (colors and images)
Margins & Header/Footer Tab:
- Set all margins all to 0.0
- Set all Headers & Footers to --blank--
To enable silent printing (i.e. no print dialog will appear asking you to confirm settings)
- Type about:config at Firefox's web address / location bar and hit Enter. Confirm 'you will be careful' if prompted.
- Right click anywhere on the page and select New > Boolean
- Enter the preference name as print.always_print_silent and click OK.
- Set this preference to 'TRUE'.
- At end of conference it is advised to return to this screen, find the "print.always_print_silent" preference, right click, select 'Toggle' to now set this preference to 'False'. This will turn off the 'silent printing' function.
Click on the “Badge Printing” button in the top row.
- It will then display the Badge Printing menu buttons.
- You may setup your tickets if your badge template supports tickets.
- You may print your badges in advance by clicking on the “Batch Printing” button.
The batch printing allows you to print badges in advance.
- You may define which badge groups you wish to print. When printing, the badges will print in alphabetical order.
- You may also define the size of the batch you print. It is suggested you start with small batches initially. Once you print a badge, it will not be printed again in the batch.
#2 How do I setup tickets for printing?
Several possibilities are available for badge templates. Please contact X-CD to discuss your template requirements. There are a few default templates available.
- From the attendee management area of your system, on the left menu go to the "Onsite Management" area.
- Click Badge Printing button.
- Click Ticket Setup button
- You may define the ticket name and also define when it is printed i.e. You may setup a ticket so that it is printed for anyone in a particular registration category. You may also setup a ticket for someone that purchased a particular item e.g. Reception
- Use the Ticket Setup menu to Add Tickets
- Each ticket may have up to 3 lines of text. For the line where you'd like the attendee's name to appear, add [Name] as the content for that line.
A common setup is:
Line 1: Welcome Reception
Line 2: [Name]
Line 3: "My Conference Name"
Ticket Line Length
Ticket line word length should be only a few words. We recommend no more than 3 words or up to 30 characters.
Use the "Print if Selected" option when creating a ticket if you only want it to appear on attendees who have selected this invoice item.
If you do not select any "Print If" option then the ticket will print for all attendees.
Guest Badges Tickets
If you have created a registration option for attendees to add a guest, your guest badges may be possible to print. Please consult X-CD to verify the guest option is available for your conference.
Tickets attributed to guests are able to be created here. Just tick the box that the ticket is designated as a "Guest Ticket". Guest tickets are NOT printed on regular attendee badges.
If there is a ticketed event such as a Welcome Reception, create both a main attendee ticket and a guest ticket. Your registration form should be setup in a way that there are 2 separate invoice item selections:
- 1 selection leads to main attendee's ticket
- 1 selection leads to the guest's ticket
Order of Tickets
To change the order that tickets are printed on the badge, you may drag and drop each ticket.
#3 Badge Printing With Zebra ZD500 USB Attached
X-CD must setup the badge template for your conference. Once the template is ready, you may download this zip file.
The zip file contains 3 executable files to install. And 1 PDF guide with further instructions.
You must use a Windows 10 PC to print.